Gen Nis He Yo Trading Co.
17 Kent Park
Rochester, NY 14610
585-271-5263 (7:00pm-9:00pm Best Time to Call)
The pictures featured in the gallery are examples of some of the things we have made. Most of our work is custom but we do have some items in stock. Please call for availability or for information that we will need to make that special item for you. All of my horn and bone items can be had with scrimshaw. We can arrange to have this work done by a member of the Honorable Company of Horners.
All custom work requires a 50% down payment and the balance plus shipping before delivery. Payment should be made by check or money order. New York state residents, please add 8% sales tax.
We prefer to use USPS but can ship UPS if you wish. $6-$12 should cover most items (extra will be refunded).
The following books contain a wealth of information on traditional styles for hunting bags, powder horns, accessories, and decoration.
- du Mont, John S. American engraved powder horns: the golden age, 1755-1783 Canaan, N.H.: Phoenix, c1978.
- Grancsay, Stephen V. American engraved powder horns Philadelphia: Ray Riling Arms Book Co., 1965, c1946.
- Grant, Madison:
- The Kentucky rifle hunting pouch, its contents and accoutrements as used by the frontiersman, hunter, and Indians York, Penn.: The Author, c1977
- The knife in homespun America and related items York, Penn.: Maple Press Co., c1984
- Powder horns and their architecture York, Penn.: Maple-Vail Book Mfg. Group, c1987
- Guthman, William H.:
- Powder horns of the French and Indian Wars, 1755-1763. Antiques, 114, #2 (August 1978): pp 312-331.
- Drums a’beating, trumpets sounding, artistically carved powder horns in the provincial manner 1746-1781 Lunnenburg, Vermont: Stinehour Press, c1993
- Minnis, Gordon B. American Primitive Knives 1770-1780 Bloomfield, Ontario KOK 1GO: Museum Restoration Service, c1983.
- Neumann, George C.:
- Collector’s Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution Harrisburg, Penn.: Stackpole Books, c1975. Reprint: Texarkana, Texas, Rebel Publishing Co.
- Swords and Blades of the American Revolution c1973. Reprint: Texarkana, Texas, Rebel Publishing Co.
- Swayze, Nathan L. Engraved powder horns of the French and Indian Wars and Revolutionary War era Yazoo City, Miss.: Gun Hill, c1978
- Web, Jim Sketches of hunting pouches, powder horns, and accoutrements of the Southern Appalachia 1998 additional information. Limited edition of 800 copies. c1990.